How do you quarantine Your fish?
UPON RECEIVING THE FISH
Once we receive the fish from the Wholesaler we give them a look over to make sure there aren’t any fish that need immediate attention. We then float the bags to match the temperature and double-check that the salinity of the tanks matches.
Fish that look healthy and ready to be treated go into Copper Power at 1.0 or Chloroquine at 20 mg per gallon. Over the next 3 days we will raise these levels to 1.90-2.25 and 40 mg/gal respectively. Addressing external issues with Metronidazone and Praziquantel for 5 treatments. They will stay here for 2 weeks.
Once completed with the 14-day treatment all fish get transferred into their observation tanks. We have made these tanks with the thought of getting them back into their normal environment including Rocks and Sand.
Being back in a fresh clean tank we start to feed all fish Medicated food laced with Metronidazole and Praziquantel to address any internal parasites and/or worms. They will continue this diet for 2 weeks as we watch to make sure everything looks good to go.
Ready To Go
After the 4 weeks of treatment in the spa, we are ready to let the fish go to their forever homes. As much as we will miss these little guys we know we can’t keep them all. Of course, that is where you come in, adopting these guys to live a long healthy life in your small slice of the ocean.
is the hotel?
How Much is Shipping?
Ground shipping Starts at $2.99. RECEIVE free shipping on orders over $79.99
overnight shipping is $34.99. RECEIVE $9.99 shipping on ORDERS more than $199.99
Can I Pick my Shipment Date?
Of course you can!
We ship all critters Monday through Thursday. At checkout simply select the date that you would like your fish to be delivered. We expect you to be home to collect the delivery, but if you are unable to please make sure you get the fish dropped at the nearest FedEx location to your home.
At the FisHotel we take great pride in the health of our live animals. We believe in giving people the healthiest animals to ensure a positive experience in the aquarium hobby. For that reason, we fully guarantee that the animals we ship will arrive healthy and alive. In the unfortunate event that you have a D.O.A claim, please see below:
- Take a picture of your un-opened bag of livestock
- Once opened, please remove the them and take a photo of the deceased livestock on a white background next to our packing slip
- Do NOT dispose of deceased livestock until you get the approval from FisHotel (In case we need more photos or information, we suggest freezing the animal in a Ziploc bag)
- Send an email with pictures to [email protected]
- D.O.A. claims must be sent within 24 hours of receiving the package
- We do not issue credit for shipping costs
- Any claims due to packages being left outside for extended periods of time in extreme weather are void, although we know mistakes do happen. For this reason, we reserve the right to handle this on a case to case basis.
- Any D.O.A less than $15 in value will be shipped with a future orders
We also guarantee the health of our animals for 14 days from the day they are received. If you have any issues with sick livestock, please contact us within 14 days of receiving your order. Please allow one to two business days for a FisHotel to review your claim and notify you of approval or denial. Livestock credit is valid for one year from the date it is issued. (To use your credit, enter the credit code in the Coupons field on the checkout page. The dollar amount will be deducted from your livestock purchase total.)